AVG Rescue CD is a comprehensive toolkit that will repair system crashes and return systems to a state where they can operate at full capacity, thanks to deep-rooted infections having been removed and file systems repaired.
- Get your business back up and running rapidly in case of system crashes.
- AVG Rescue CD gets your PC back up and running rapidly reducing potential downtime for you and your business in case of system crash.
- Get the tools the experts have been using for years completely free
- If you or anyone you know has a malware infection thats got past their security software, AVG's Rescue CD will get that PC back in working order. AVGs resellers have been using this powerful toolkit for years to recover customers infected systems, and now its available for your business free of charge.
- Be prepared for the unexpected
- Downloadable as a CD or USB drive to ensure your business is prepared for the unexpected.
The AVG Rescue CD/USB contains the following components
- The latest version of AVGs powerful protection against viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, identity theft, rootkits, and more
Administration toolkit: A wide-ranging collection of system recovery tools
- Midnight Commander - a two-panel file manager so you can always see what youre doing and whats happening where
- Windows Registry Editor - a simple registry editor to assist in the repair of registry entries
- TestDisk - a powerful hard drive recovery tool to reconstruct FAT32 and NTFS file systems
- Ping - to test the availability of network resources such as servers, domains, and IP addresses
- Common Linux programs and services - vi text editor, OpenSSH daemon, ntfsprogs, and others.
For IT experts only:
Skilled administrators and expert Linux users may access AVG Rescue CD source files in order to create a customised Rescue CD from scratch to meet their particular requirements. If youre interested, you can also test unpublished versions of the software here . Please read the disclaimer on the linked page before continuing further down that road; AVG is unable to provide support for unpublished versions of the Rescue CD, or any version you create from source code we supply.
Our customers say:
I find AVG to be the best virus scanner IMHO, and will gladly sell the software and continue to use it on both business and personal computers. I also use AVG Rescue CD on all virus-infected computers. I cant live without it.
Drew Toma, Web Developer
AVG Rescue CD just made another believer for AVG this past week. AVG found the Trojan and brought the customers PC back to stable working condition for him and his wife. What a great feeling that was!
Paul Streicher, ISP Technician
The experts say:
A great addition to your PC repair toolkit.
The AVG Rescue CD enables you to fully remove infections from an otherwise inoperable PC and render the system bootable again This could also be handy for folks who locked out of their PCs by faulty updates
Trying to cure an already infected PC is quite literally like trying to close the barn door after the horses have run out. Fortunately, theres a new weapon at your disposal: AVG Rescue CD its something every user should keep in his or her toolkit.
AVG Rescue CD proves that sometimes the best things in life can be free.
Ideal for when the effects of the virus is preventing the operating system from booting.
Minimum system requirements
|Processor||Intel Pentium 600MHz|
|Memory (RAM)||768 MB (CD), 256 MB (USB)|
|Hard disk free space (for installation)||0 MB|
Hard disk space is not required , as the software will not be installed on the inoperable PC
AVG Rescue CD is compatible with:
|Operating System||AVG Rescue CD|
|MS Windows XP|
|Windows XP (32 and 64 bit)|
|Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit)|
|Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)|
|Windows 2003 Server (32 and 64 bit)|
|Windows 2008 Server (32 and 64 bit)|
|Most popular Linux distributions|
AVG Rescue CD is available in English only:
|Language||AVG Rescue CD|
How it works
The AVG Rescue CD is provided in two versions: an ISO image that can be easily burned to an optical disc (CD), or a compressed version that can be installed to a bootable flash drive (USB). Once this is done, you can simply boot from the drive of choice directly to the AVG menu, where you can scan for viruses, edit files, test your drive, or even edit the registry. You can also access a number of common Linux tools to make changes to your system.
Two video tutorials are available to show you how to download and use the AVG Rescue CD:How to create a AVG Rescue CD
How to remove an infection from your PC using AVG Rescue CD