AVG Firewall Error - NDIS Driver Missing
If your AVG Firewall is reporting an error, please follow the steps below to manually install the AVG Network Filter driver and resolve this issue:
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (between Ctrl and Alt) and press R
- In the "Run" dialog box, type "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and hit Enter
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and select Properties
- Click on the Install button, and choose Services then click Add.
- Click 'Have Disk', then 'Browse'
- Browse to and select the following file:
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\Drivers or, on 64-bit windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\Drivers\
- There should be a file beginning with avgfwfd. Double click on this file. (If there are two, disregard the file ending in _m).
- Click OK, then OK again, and then restart your computer, after which the AVG Firewall should be operational.
If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.